KASI (Killarney Immigrant Support Centre) is an NGO based in Killarney, Co. Kerry providing support services to Asylum Seekers, Refugees and other Migrants in Killarney and the greater Killarney area.
Support Services and Activities
- Drop-in service (open 4 days a week)
- Free Information
- Help with filling in forms
- Outreach work to DP Centres in Killarney
- Awareness raising in schools and local community
- English classes
- Homework support
- Information sessions on certain topics
- Training and workshops
- Volunteering opportunities
- Various activities for Asylum Seeker children in DP
- Intercultural events
KASI is also running an outreach service in Drishane Direct Provision Centre in Millstreet, Co. Cork, supporting families and individuals in the hostel. The project is funded by HSE – South.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To provide a multi functional space for drop-ins, meetings, coordination, training and intercultural events
- To provide information relevant to the needs of the service users
- To plan and implement various activities to include education, language support, health, social and intercultural events
- To provide support to families in direct provisions
- To undertake awareness raising work in the local community on asylum seeker and general immigration issues; and engage in advocacy work
- To liaise with local agencies, through referrals, joints initiatives and enhance service provision
- Network with other relevant agencies / service providers, sharing best practice and contribute to policy development.
This message is only visible to admins:
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.